Sunday, March 1, 2009

lessonplan

I have absolutely no idea what I want to focus on for the lesson plan project. No idea! That's why I waited so long to blog, I was hoping something would hit me before now. But nope. All I can do is list my requirement for the lesson plan:
-appropriate for Teens at a public library (more specifically my teens)
-not boring

I think something using digital cameras might be attractive...that's something my teens can easily share with friends through facebook or text messages. Seriously though, just not sure exactly what can come out of that.

I'm gonna look around your blogs for some inspiration - you guys usually don't dissapoint!

4 comments:

  1. I'm in the same boat. I read "lesson plan" on the wiki and my mind went blank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lesson plan with photography will really turn young adults on, especially during this cabin fever season. Truly after tests are over, students really need activites enjoyabale, fun, cerebrally stimulating and definately hands on. I have an instructional book called "How to Use the Internet in Your Classroom" by Teachers for Teachers" - rather helpful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a photography lesson is a great idea. What about using a wiki or Flickr so they can work together on a project? You can design the lesson to teach them how to use these resources if they don't know how, and if they do, maybe collaboration with their peers will teach them other ways to use these tools. I have never developed lessons for a public library setting (only school libraries) so I'm not sure how it works as far as time,etc. I do think using Web 2.0 as a jumping off point for your lesson is an interesting idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you! I am at a lost as to what to do. I think I would like to aim it at the public library but am not sure what to do. I am interning in the Education & Job Center at BPL for my practicum and have attended a couple of job training workshops aimed at teens. I was thinking about basing the lesson plan off of that but, I don't know if it would work. Right now, I don't have any ideas of how to do it. Hopefully, now that the class has begun to brainstorm, we will both get ideas.

    ReplyDelete